Production and Operations Manager
We are seeking an experienced manager with a background in high value manufacturing to head up our UK production operation. You will have extensive experience of industrial electronic product manufacture involving mechanical and electrical wiring assembly, test and debugging, as well as working with working with contract manufacturers of PCB assemblies and other components. Experience of systems integration will be an advantage. You will be an experienced production team leader and will ideally also have wide ranging experience of production planning, stock management, product builds through to despatch using an ERP system.
- Provide leadership to the operations and manufacturing team to ensure that the company’s production targets are consistently met on time and budget
- Lead production planning and ensure the business is adequately resourced and skilled
- Manage budgets and costs effectively in respect of manufacturing and logistics
- Ensure key performance indicators are in place, set goals for improvement and monitor
- Implement any new policies and procedures relating to the production process
- Ensure that purchasing, stock control, packing, shipment, documentation and records are managed in accordance with good practice
- Potentially lead the implementation of new ERP system
You will be a natural leader and motivator, leading by example. You will have a high level of personal integrity and self-motivation, be ready to go the extra mile and will be able to earn the trust and respect of your team to carry them with you. You will be detailed, well organised with common sense, good judgement and people skills. You will have the technical skills and managerial experience such that your team will naturally turn to you for guidance or support. You will be equally comfortable helping out with builds on the shop floor and briefing management in the board room. If you want to work in an organisation where the impact of your contribution is felt, this is a great opportunity for you.
- A proven track record in production/operations management of high value product manufacture
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical experience and skills
- Excellent attention to detail and concern for quality
- Experience of using ERP systems. Previous experience of implementing an ERP is an advantage
- Self-starter, excellent interpersonal skills and natural leadership style
- Probably an engineering graduate or with equivalent professional experience
The position is located at our Cambridge Research Park facility and will report to the VP Operations. CRFS offers an exciting and rewarding career, attractive salary, share options and opportunities for professional growth.