We are looking for a bright, motivated and skilled IT Engineer who has in depth experience of supporting IT services in a small to medium size business. The role is very hands-on, and experience of all aspects of IT service and support is critical. We need someone who enjoys being part of a team, doing whatever tasks are required to deliver support both within the company and to our customers where necessary. You must be able to communicate well, understand task objectives clearly, and translate those objectives into best practice solutions for the current and future needs of the business.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support for end users.
- Monitoring the company’s IT infrastructure and dealing with alerts.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of IT services to the company.
- Supporting the IT infrastructure of our Manufacturing departments at both of our Cambridge office sites.
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2016
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Virtualisation (VMWare vSphere)
- Network switching / routing / Wi-Fi, VLANs
- LDAP, VPN (IPSEC, SSL)
- Well versed in IT security and data security
- Excellent attention to detail and good record keeping
- Very reliable with a positive “can do” attitude and prepared to be flexible and open-minded about all aspects of the job
- Managing IT systems in a product development setting
- Managing AV / Firewall solutions (Sophos knowledge preferred)
- Cloud platforms (Amazon AWS, Heroku)
- VPN (including use of OpenVPN)
- SQL Server
No agencies please