Field Applications Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and talented engineer who is hands-on, technically strong, versatile and quick to learn and who will enjoy helping our customers solve challenging problems. You will need to be a highly motivated self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team. Understanding and knowledge of RF systems is essential, and previous customer-facing experience is highly desirable.
The position is based out of our office in Cambridge, UK and will involve extensive travel in Europe, Middle East and Africa and occasionally further afield. The successful candidate will need to be confident in front of customers – the ability to think on your feet and solve problems under pressure is essential. This is a great career opportunity for someone with the right technical skill set, an outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide high-quality technical and engineering service to customers, including telephone and email support, on-site installation support, and training at customer sites.
- Support the Sales team members with technical enquiries, customer visits, product demos and full-scale trials.
- Occasionally support the Development and Manufacturing teams with system integration projects and product builds, including mechanical and electrical integration and testing.
- Project managing complete system solution delivery and deployment to selected customer sites
- Graduate level technical degree in Engineering or equivalent professional experience involving RF systems
- A solid understanding of RF concepts, components and systems, computer hardware and software knowledge, including networking, ISPs, routers, switches and firewalls
- Customer facing experience as a field engineer
- Ability to conduct technical demonstrations and training on hardware and software systems to large and small customer groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail, with a check-list mentality
- Excellent English writing skills
- Hard working, team player with a positive attitude and the ability to get things done
- A knowledge of spectrum management
- Mechanical and electrical integration experience and skills would be an advantage
No agencies please