Field Application Engineer (US citizenship required)
CRFS is a leading player in our chosen markets of defense, security and regulatory. We have a growing reputation in international markets and a range of high-performance products and solutions with significant competitive advantages.
We are seeking an experienced and talented engineer who is hands-on, technically strong, versatile and quick to learn and who will enjoy helping our customers solve challenging problems. You will need to be a highly motivated self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team. Understanding and knowledge of RF systems is essential and some previous customer-facing experience is highly desirable. You must be a US citizen as you will need to be granted access to US overseas government and military sites.
The position is based out of our office in Cambridge, UK. It will involve fairly extensive travel in Europe, Middle East and Africa and occasionally farther afield. The successful candidate will need to be confident in front of customers – the ability to think on one’s feet and solve problems under pressure is essential. This is a great career opportunity for someone with the right technical skill set, an outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Provide high-quality technical and engineering service to customers, including telephone and e-mail support, on-site technical and installation support, and training at customer sites.
- Support the Sales team with technical inquiries, customer visits, product demos and full-scale trials. You will be paired with one or more of our sales executives in this capacity.
- Support the Applications and Manufacturing team, as required, on system integration projects and product builds, including mechanical and electrical integration and testing.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent professional experience ideally involving RF systems, with a solid understanding of RF concepts, components and systems, as well as spectrum management
- Ideally previous customer facing experience as a field engineer
- Computer hardware and software knowledge, including networking, ISPs, routers, switches and firewalls
- Mechanical and electrical integration experience and skills would be an advantage
- Passionate determination to support customers and commitment to solve rapidly growing spectrum use challenges
- Ability to conduct technical demonstrations of CRFS hardware and software to large and small groups
- Ability to provide technical training to customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be a US citizen
For the right candidate, CRFS offers an exciting and rewarding career, an attractive benefits package and ample opportunities for professional growth.
No agencies please